Re: GNOME Speakers & Freebies

Hi Pockey,

My comment as below.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Pockey Lam <pockeylam gnome org> wrote:
Dear Mohd,

As you know that the GNOME.Asia Committee strive to promote GNOME in Asia, we would like to support MOSC2011, we only have 1 month left, as my previous email, would you please send me a summary of your conference so I can forward it and ask for support from the community and the Foundation?
Thanks for the support. I will summary what you mention.

Questions e.g.:
What's the theme?
 Innovating The Change

Who are your potential speakers?
 Our potential speaker are from LPI, Novell, Redhat and Mozilla

Any confirmed speakers?
CEO LPI Jim Lacey, Instructor from KOHA community Irma Birchall (Australia) & Robin Sheat (New Zealand), Gen Kanai (Mozilla), Cecil Su (OWASP), Patrick Beaucamp (France), Ryusuke Kajiyama (Oracle) and local speakers and special invitation Ritzatuddin Ramli Director UNIK (National  Innovation Agency under Prime Minister Office).

Who will attend (as participants)?
Government staff, Lecturer/student and open source community

What's the purpose / objectives, etc?
Our objective for this years focus more on technical and want the participant know more on how open source project are develop and running. We want our participant to be developer or programmer rather to be end user. Create something innovative and new idea on open source project that can be use for open source community. Part of it we collaborate with LPI, Novell, BSDA and Redhat regarding certification. We want our community are certified and to become professional rather just put open source project just a hobby but ready for be competitor & survival on IT world.

Any preference of GNOME topics so we can get you the right GNOME speakers?
If GNOME can provide speaker that talk about how to develop GNOME it self. Our target is for give information to our participant on how to explore GNOME project and what suppose we must know and how it works. We want our participant to join GNOME project and can be part of GNOME developer.

Regarding Open Source or Free or FOSS, if GNOME supports the conference, please just don't remove "words" from our given description without our notification or permission :-)  thank you!
We don't have any problem with the word actually, what we mention is the name of our conference. Actually we want to put our conference to be "Malaysia Free and Open Source Conference" but advice by many agency and our sponsor that the word Free will confuse our people and will miss use by others and will be exploit by others party. We not have any problem with word free if GNOME Foundation worried about and also to others open source software or Distro because it FREEdom to choose.

Regarding goodies, we have some OpenSUSE GNOME 3.0 DVDs, do you want some? We may also have small quantity of stickers and tshirts. How would you plan to distribute the goodies?
Our target participant of this years is 300. Last our MOSC2010 we get 500 people but this years we constraint about budget and we collaborate with one of our top university in Malaysia is University Science of Malaysia (USM). We accept what GNOME want to give to us. Our plan to put GNOME in the picture on MOSC so our people aware that GNOME are active in Malaysia and want their to support local GNOME community. Our plan to distribute the goodies like t-shirt or sticker we will do like last years conference some questionnaire to participant, lucky draw and fill the survey and DVD we will put to their goodies bag.

Thanks!