Sponsorship strategy and benefits for 2011 (follow up)

Dear all,

I'd like to continue the discussion where we left off at the last IRC meeting and finalize our offer.

We need to review past sponsors, sponsors we want developers from and consulting companies we want to seduce with GNOME technologies.

The past sponsors:
------------------
We always talk about how we should nurture our relationship with recurring sponsors of the event and try to communicate more than just when we need the funding. This is probably the best moment to at least acknowledge that we really appreciate and have noticed their long term support to GNOME.Asia. I previously mentioned giving this category a discount on the sponsorship levels, Brian believes giving them a better sponsorship level is preferable (I'm all for more money considering our needs). Now what exactly can we offer that is generic, applies to all of them and "easy to calculate"?

Sponsors we want developers from:
---------------------------------
I suggested to email a separate message with the Call For Sponsors (together with the detail budget) explaining that if they send us developers for the hackfest+ conference we will credit their sponsorship level as follows:
- per developer from USA: USD 2K
- per developer from Europe: USD 1.5K
- per developer from Asia (not India): 0.8K -> might see if it's from
Singapore or Australia as the cost is quiet different

I didn't get feedback, does it mean we're all ok with the scheme? Please reply YES/NO so we can move forward with contacting them.

Consulting companies:
---------------------
The suggestion was to have a "how to make money with GNOME technologies" session during the hackfest for a smaller sponsorship level, plus some logo placement.
Looking at our call for sponsors I suggest the followings:
1. 1 New level name: Technology sponsors
2. Amount: U$ 500 or INR 22,000
3. Benefits: 1 person can attend the session (extra person + $US 200), logo on website and fliers (no mention in marketing announcements/email), no booth, 2 conference passes 4. 1 New level name: local exhibitor (only for local India companies with less than 50 people)
5. Amount: U$ 1,000.- or INR 44,000
6. Benefits: only exhibit space 3mx3m

Please do feedback on the proposal as I'd like to start as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot.

Fred