Re: Sponsorship strategy and benefits for 2011 (follow up)

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Frederic Muller <fredm gnome org> wrote:

Sponsors we want developers from:
---------------------------------
I suggested to email a separate message with the Call For Sponsors (together with the detail budget) explaining that if they send us developers for the hackfest+ conference we will credit their sponsorship level as follows:
- per developer from USA: USD 2K
- per developer from Europe: USD 1.5K
- per developer from Asia (not India): 0.8K -> might see if it's from
Singapore or Australia as the cost is quiet different

I didn't get feedback, does it mean we're all ok with the scheme? Please reply YES/NO so we can move forward with contacting them.

I think this is a great idea.

One thing to keep in mind is that the marketing budget and the travel budget are usually separate budgets. So this might work awesome for some. Others might ask you to take the full sponsorship amount and pay for the travel for the developers.

But I think this is a great way to show them that we value their contributions.

Stormy