Re: GNOME.Asia Summit - call for paper

On 01/19/2011 11:56 AM, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Akhil Laddha<lakhil gnome org>  wrote:
I have a small concern.

We are thinking for keeping 'deadline for sponsorship' for companies by
Feb 15, 2011. So when we notify speakers by Feb 13, 2011, we won't have
much idea about total sponsorship. Later when speakers apply for travel
subsidy, we may have to take decision based on the sponsorship what we
would have received. I hope it will be fair to assume that we may not be
able to sponsor all the notified speakers.
I honestly think that there should be no deadline for Call for
Sponsors. Given that the event happens in end of Q1 and beginning of
Q2 for many companies, they gonna take the decision at the very last
moment. But that shouldn't stop them from sponsoring to the event. You
can have a logical deadline with in which you can make decisions. Of
course you can revisit decision at times and offer people more
flexibility than before when you have more money at the end.

-Srini.
Hi Srini,

Thanks for your advice! Actually we also shared the same concern and have discussed about it during the meeting yesterday, so the deadline of call for sponsors will be as "late" as possible e.g. in mid March just to give more time for us to find enough sponsors, we will not refuse any sponsor eventhough they passed deadline, however, it is suggested that we should have a "so called" deadline so as to notify our sponsors that "if the deadline is passed, some printed materials may not carry their logos."