Re: IRC Meeting Action Items - 20100921

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:

Emily:

2.
Everybody to look at : http://live.gnome.org/GnomeEventsBox and think of
starting an Asian event box to be produced and used in Asia. Ideas can
be collected on http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/EventKit

What I think is more important is to have the brochures, pamphlets,
banners, etc. available and translated to Asian languages.  This is
probably the first step before acquiring a laptop.

I agree that the handouts, brochures and stickers, plus a good banner are most important.

It may not be necessary for GNOME.Asia Event Box to include a laptop.
It is often possible for people running booths to use their own
computers to demonstrate GNOME, for example.

I do think it is important to have a laptop that is installed with a nice, clean version of GNOME. We also have a monitor in the US event box. (Although often people complain it is too small and bring their own from home!)

Stormy