Re: GNOME.Asia IRC meeting agenda 19 Oct 2010

Hi Emily,

Sure let's add the topics in the agenda.

Pockey

On 10/18/2010 09:46 PM, Emily Chen wrote:
Hi

Some feedback after the advisory board meeting and we can discuss them in upcoming IRC meeting. Let's add it into agenda.

* Write monthly report about GNOME.Asia organization and send to GNOME foundation board.
It will be very helpful to send a monthly report to the board list to highlight the status of GNOME.Asia plans, especially for the next few months since the GNOME.Asia community is leading the efforts to do things like plan GNOME 3 launch events.
* What Asian community need from GNOME and provide our feedback to community
People from the advisory board are very interest to understand what the specific needs are for GNOME in Asia/China, and people expected to see some recommendations about
how to improve GNOME for Asian/Chinese users. (For example, one person from Canonical asked about different search engine and IM used in China, this might be helpful for them to make a special ubuntu edition for Chinese people.

Some basic ideas for this AI:

What Asian community need from GNOME foundation and community
- Asian people's users experience, (different preferred application, like IM and Search engine etc  )
- The different culture when participated in the GNOME community, what do they want, what do they need
- What's the barrier of people using GNOME (For example, Windows is dominated in Asian countries)

The second Action is more than organizing an event, but more meaningful if we (Asian people) can provide those feedback to GNOME community. This is worth to do.

-Emily