I made some minor changes :) |
On 11/16/2010 11:28 PM, Allan Caeg wrote:
5. Pockey to send email to Hong Kong team to invite them to join our
upcoming 23rd meeting and inform them our agenda
Here it is:
- Update on outstanding action items - ALL
- Update on statistic of pre-event survey - Pockey
- Discuss on matching the date with GNOME 3.0 marketing
hackfest (late Feb / early Mar) - ALL
- Update on the status of preparing proposals for the
GNOME.Asia Summit 2011 - Pockey / Abharath, Akhil /
on potential sponsors - http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/PotentialSponsors -
- Update on user experience on GNOME Desktop in Asia -
- Update on the proposal of gnome.asia website - WILL
- Will to wait one more week for Mario's response and
then send him another email to remind him
- lakhil to continue to follow up with university
management to check for the venues
- Pockey / Akhil / Utian to prepare proposals for the
- The team discussed about the duration of hackfest, due
to feedback of the survey and Boston Summit, we have
decided to change the hackfest from 5 days to 3 days.
Send a separate email to the mailing list to inform them
about making the hackfest 3 days long + 1 day for the
conference - DONE
6. Pockey to go to Hong Kong to meet potential sponsors and partners
in Hong Kong the coming week.
7. Everybody to think of local potential sponsors and put down
sponsors name here at
8. Allan to follow up on user experience on GNOME Desktop in Asia
a) To sum up, we have a total of 79 respondents, exceeding our
target by roughly 50%.
b) 30% of the survey participants are involved with the GNOME 3.0
c) More than 70% respondents are from Asia (I can see some lobbying
right here! ).
d) 71% of those 79 people will most likely join the event.
e) The leading hosting city is Hong Kong, followed closely by Bali
and Jakarta in Indonesia, then Bangalore (India).
f) Most respondents favor a university as the venue of choice,
followed by resorts and offices.
g) The best moment for the hackfest is during or after the GNOME 3.0
h) Rather than the initial 5 days plan, 3 days seems to work better
for everyone involved.
- Committee will decide the dates together with the
venue end of this month. We will wait for marketing team
to reply on our offer to change the dates to "before the
release". If we receive no reply, we will consider
either during or after the gnome 3.0 release according
to the feedback from our survey
Next Week's Agenda
updates + Q&A + opportunities to improve
localization for Hong Kong + start a Hong Kong GNOME
user group + Hong Kong needs from GNOME - DONE
Tell me if I missed anything. :)
gnome-asia-committee-list mailing list
gnome-asia-committee-list gnome org