Re: Invite HK local team to join our IRC meeting

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your comment.

Since deadline of submitting proposals will be 28 November, let's make the whole meeting of 23 November to be a "proposals update meeting".

We will invite Akhil / Abharath, Utian and HK team / Pockey to update us on the status of the proposals. And then there will be interaction between the potential hosts and the committee.

Each potential host (3 of them) will have 20 mins including status update and Q&A.

So for each team, I will ask them to prepare to update us on the status of the proposal in terms of venues, dates, target audiences, potential sponsors, budgeting, etc. (Max. 15 mins each) Then we can ask questions to each other and we can also give them advice as well.

The purpose is to let everybody meet before reading the proposal. It's kind of an interview as well. Since this GNOME 3.0 party will be a big event, it's better to meet every team before making a decision of which proposal the committee will take.

It's exciting to let HK team meet our committee as well as even their proposal is not selected this year, i would like to invite them to join the gnome-asia mailing list and gnome-asia-summit mailing list and they can definitely work on an upcoming GNOME.Asia Summit in Hong Kong one day. Same as the other hosts, the ones not selected this year will be working on our upcoming years' summit.

I have been discussing with the Hong Kong team lately on one question: the hotels / plane tickets in late April and early May will be higher due to holidays in HK / China (Easter and Labour Holiday - May holiday) and International Fare in Hong Kong when compared to Feb, March or late May. They asked if the dates are flexible e.g. to change it to Feb, March or after end week of May, we can discuss more during the meeting today.

Pockey