Re: Fwd: =?GB2312?B?UHJpb3JpdGllcyi8sL+C1dm1xLjmsNcp?=

Hi Emily, 丁老?, ?老?, Prof. Hung, Joy Tang, Dr. Wang, Mario, ICOS,
team, and SLAT boards,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the explanation from Emily.

Emily Chen wrote:
> For the sponsorship, it depends on the budget of this year. Generally,
> the sponsorship is from international companies(like Google, Intel, Sun,
> Nokia , IBM, etc. ) and GNOME foundation. The last two years were hosted
> in China and Vietnam, the living standard is various from country to
> country. Since it is a community event, budget is as low as possible. We
> prefer to spend most money in sponsoring international speakers to bring
> more experts to the local Asian country. If we have extra money, we
> would like to sponsor a party or a trip during the summit. It depends on
> the sponsorship we can raise.
>
> We don't have any specific request on local sponsorship, and we will try
> our best to call for sponsorship internationally. We have a team to do
> this work, more specific, to process the sponsorship. All the
> international speakers can request for travel sponsorship in GNOME
> foundation and will be needed to be approved. Basically, money raised by
> gnome will be processed by gnome, money raised by local team in Taiwan,
> will be handled by local team in Taiwan.

I believe all the answer from Emily is very clear already. Emily is a
very kind and friendly person who I meet face to face during Gnome.Asia
Summit 2009 in Vietnam. Please do not hide your questions for making
decision to have a proposal to invite Gnome.Asia or not. Please ask and
I belive Emily would love to answer our questions.

Best regards,

-Andrew