Re: Fwd: =?UTF-8?B?UHJpb3JpdGllcyjlj4rnuL3lj6znmoTlkYrnmb0p?=

Hi 丁老師, ICOS team and Gnome.Asia Committee,

(Cc to Gnome.Asia Committee, the organizer for Gnome.Asia Summit last
year and slat board)

In Chinese: 感謝丁老師提出很重要的三個問題讓 SLAT 理監事會能決定是否提
案,了方便大家(特別是 Gnome.Asia committee)可以參與,因此在此用英文,希
望大家別介意。

Thanks 丁老師 for his three important questions for slat board to decide
to apply proposal or not. Hope everybody won't mind as I reply in
English to make convenient for everyone(especially for Gnome.Asia
committee) to participate.

I translated 丁老師's three questions in English(welcome to correct my
translation for any mistake):

1) By previous experience. How much money spent for debian.asia and
gnome.asia?

2) How much sponsorship we may collect from international big companies?
How much the host country need to collect localy?

3) How much time and human resources needed for process sponsorship from
international big companies?

Andrew is answering for debian part here:
Under 丁老師 and ICOS 2009 team's support. The ICOS 2009 - mini DebConf,
Taiwan was very succeed last year. So that several Debian Developers
wish to make it as annual Asia Debian mini-DebConf.
It would basicly as same as our experience on ICOS 2009, but with more
Debian Developers from other Aisa countries to co-organize, and probably
also more international participants.
Under ICOS team previously organize knowledge and experience, Andrew
expect 2-3 times funds based on the budget from last year for
mini-DebConf would probably works. And SLAT board may review the expense
from last year while SLAT board meeting to find out the details.

Gnome.Asia part:
Andrew is not part of the Gnome.Asia Committee yet, So he must give
these questions to Gnome.Asia Committee to answer here. :)

Kindly regards,

-Andrew