Re: COSCUP / GNOME.Asia Needing Funding

Ooops a typo: I meant "not to lose face"...

On 07/16/2010 10:28 AM, Frederic Muller wrote:
Dear Brian,

My take on some of the points you feel confused about, and more specifically the numbers in the options we're facing: it's probably a way of now losing face by not achievement the highest target. So no matter what money we come up with we still achieve a "fair" ratio. Else I can take a calculator and find out the percentage by myself.

The ps was added at the request of other COSCUP members and I was asked not to pay attention to it. I agree it is ridiculous, but as with every situation you will always have 'smarter' people who feel the need to make a point no matter what the situation is. I wouldn't even mention that, or if you want to make a point about it, not directly (yes it did bug me as well but hey... ).

Now I do sideline with the overall spirit of your email and that 'profits' were agreed to be shared according to contribution if shared costs were covered (or something like this - we would have to check the logs to see exactly what we agreed to and remind them).

I think the fair they're talking about even if not specified initially kinds of make sense, but yes GNOME bring intangible assets and we should mention it nicely.

So hopefully Emily and Pockey can make a nice summary of all this (and any further comment to come) and convey our answers (good luck girls).

Fred