Re: COSCUP / GNOME.Asia Needing Funding

Frederic:

The ps was added at the request of other COSCUP members and I was asked
not to pay attention to it. I agree it is ridiculous, but as with every
situation you will always have 'smarter' people who feel the need to
make a point no matter what the situation is. I wouldn't even mention
that, or if you want to make a point about it, not directly (yes it did
bug me as well but hey... ).

That seems reasonable.

Now I do sideline with the overall spirit of your email and that
'profits' were agreed to be shared according to contribution if shared
costs were covered (or something like this - we would have to check the
logs to see exactly what we agreed to and remind them).

I think the fair they're talking about even if not specified initially
kinds of make sense, but yes GNOME bring intangible assets and we should
mention it nicely.

If the GASC organizers feel that it is fair to not receive any profits
based on percentage of profits, then I am okay with that.  However, we
would like to save money for next year also if we can.  The COSCUP team
clearly feels that saving some money is important, so one would think
they would understand.

So hopefully Emily and Pockey can make a nice summary of all this (and
any further comment to come) and convey our answers (good luck girls).

Yes, good luck!

Brian