Re: =?UTF-8?Q?=E9=8C=84=E5=BD=B1=E6=8E=88=E6=AC=8A=E6=9B=B8?= and =?UTF-8?Q?=E8=AC=9B=E8=80=85=E8=A1=8C=E5=89=8D=E9=80=9A=E7=9F=A5?=

Dear Pofeng,

I got fast response from Brian, please find below his suggestions:
If you are okay with the suggestions, you can either modify the
documents on your side or just let me know, I can do the modification if
you prefer, thanks a lot!

> Document one: ** Slides / Video CC license
> COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010
>
> Dear speaker,
>
> Thanks for speaking in COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010.

I would say "Thank you" instead of "Thanks".  "Thank you" is a bit more
formal, which is probably more suitable for this sort of document.

> Your talk will be
> recorded on video during the event. In order to promote Free and Open

I would say "Your talk will be recorded during the event"

This form should be useful for all kinds of recording (audio or video)
so it doesn't make sense to limit the form to only video.

> Source Software and sharing, do you agree to release the video
recording
> of your talk under the license of "Creative Commons Attribution
> Non-Commercial No Derivatives 3.0"?

Instead of asking a question ("do you agree to release the"), I would
say "please sign this form in order to release the"

I think we should instead use the "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported"
license.

We should include "ShareAlike" in the license, and these videos may
be useful for commercial purposes, so I disagree with making it
non-commercial.

> In case you are not familiar with
> the license, it means that anyone can play and redistribute the video
> file without modification for non-commercial use as long as he/she
> attributes it to you and COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010.

I do not think we should try to define the license.  Just provide the
link and explain that they can refer to the Creative Commons website
to understand the terms of the license.

I do, however, think it is useful to explain how to Attribute the
file.  Perhaps you should explain that any media files should have the
Attribution text in the media Comment tag, if the media type supports
tagging, and that the Attribution text should be "Your Name at Event
Name".

To make this form useful to future events, it might be better to say
"COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010" on this form, but to just say "Event Name".

> The terms of the
> license can be found at
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0.

> I agree to release the video recording of my talk in COSCUP /
GNOME.Asia

I would say "to release any recordings of my talk".  Again, no need to
limit this to video.

> 2010 under the license of "Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
> No Derivatives 3.0".
>

>   Signature  ______________________________
>

> Date of signature:            August, 2010

> Document two: ** Reminder for speakers
>

> Dear Speaker,
>
> We would like to remind you that COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 will be held
> on August 14th and 15th,

This email doesn't really explain why this email is being sent to them.
It might be nice to explain that this email contains both information
about the upcoming event and details some actions the speaker needs to
complete for the event to run smoothly.

> please
> check http://coscup.org/2009/en/program for the time slot of your
talk.

I would make "Please check" a new sentence.

> 1. Please consider to mail us your slides before 17:00 August 12nd
(GMT

I would say "Please mail us your slides".  You don't provide the email
address to mail the slides.  Would be better to be clear.

> +8). We would like to put your slides on the web site, so that please

"so that please" does not make sense.

> include the copyright notice in your slides, eg: all rights reserved,
> CC-BY, CC-BY-SA ... etc.

The above seems a bit confusing.  You say to include a copyright notice
however CC-BY, CC-BY-SA are licenses not copyrights.  I think that
we should recommend what licenses are acceptable for this event.  I
think we can highlight that any CC license is okay, and other licenses
will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

> 2. Your talk will be recorded on video. In order to share your

No need to specify video.

> expertise, if you agree to release the video record of your talk under

I would say "Your talk will be recorded on video in order to share your
expertise with the wider free and open software community.  If you
agree"

It reads better broken up in sentences like this I think.

> the license of CC-BY-NC-ND
> (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0), please consider to
> sign the
> form
(https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVuXLsanO-xAZGRoN2Qzd3RfNjU2Z3Z6d2JkZA ) at the counter of COSCUP.

It might be better to not specify the license here.  The license is
specified in the form.  Over time, we may change the license, and it
might be better to just mention the license in one place to avoid
documents getting out-of-sync.

> 3. There will be WiFi in the conference and Ethernet cable dedicated

I would say "at the conference and dedicated Ethernet cables for
speakers"

> speakers, but we can not guarantee the quality or bandwidth of the
> network.
>

> 4. The venue is located at the International Conference Hall,
Humanities
> &  Social Sciences Building, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan ( No.128,
> Sec. 2, Academia Rd., Nangang Dist., Taipei City 115, Taiwan ). For
> details, please visit http://coscup.org/2010/en/venue.
>
> 5. We will have a Birds-of-a-Feather session in the evening of August

I would say "on the evening"

> 14th. You are welcome to join us or propose your own topic

I would say "or to propose"

Brian