GNOME.Asia Summit 2011 budget

Hi!

I'd like to follow up on the proposal from Utian / Indonesia as my connection had issues during the Q&A discussion. There are a few important points/questions that must be raised: 1. Budget wise: this is a grassroot/community managed conference. While HK proposal has a very reasonable budget in line with previous year spendings (US 10k-15k), the budget of 48K in Indonesia is over the roof! 2. Sponsorship section: are the sponsors listed companies you already have dealing with? Do you know how much money they would be willing to give?

-> Remember that we're hoping to cover all conference cost (including travel subsidies) with the sponsors we identify and secure. The higher the budget the more difficult the task will be. Looking the Indonesian proposal makes me think we're targeting almost a 100K budget (with 40K for travel subsidies, based on the pre-event survey). Does this really makes sense? Should the Indonesian team (together with the committee) be able to raise that amount of money, does it really make sense to spend 50K in the conference alone, when I am sure we can run such an event for 1/3 of the amount.

So when making your proposal to the committee, think about those issues:
- costs
- ability to cover those costs
- benefits for the GNOME foundation (vs buying hardware that will never be reused for example)

Thank you.

Fred