Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta cannot find a debugger

Hi,

Le 27/05/2017 à 10:06, Jens Mühlenhoff a écrit :
It's documented here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Link-Options.html

Thank you Jens, I have forgotten the linker and searched only in C compiler flags, which has pic but not pie.

In short: A PIE executable can be relocated in memory to make it harder to exploit memory bugs.
Apparently tools like file (libmagic) don't recognize PIE executables as executables, but as libraries
instead.

After reading a bit about that, I think that this limitation is inherent to the pie executable. So, I should probably use gdb as the right debugger for shared library in Anjuta.

By the way, Tony, it's an easy fix.

The list of MIME type supported by the gdb plugin in Anjuta is written in the file
        <prefix>/lib/anjuta/anjuta-gdb.plugin
with prefix which is typically /usr if you have installed Anjuta via your distribution or /usr/local if you compile it. In addition lib can be replaced by lib64 on some system.

In this file there is the following line
  [File Loader]

SupportedMimeTypes=application/x-executable,application/octet-stream,application/x-core,application/x-shellscript

You just need to add application/x-sharedlib here.