Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta cannot find a debugger

Sébastien,

On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 18:07 +0200, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi,

Le 26/05/2017 à 13:30, Tony Arnold a écrit :
When I try to debug the program, I get a box pop up saying 'Unable
find a debugger plugin supporting a target with application/x-
sharedlib
MIME type.
I have the Debugger Manager plugin installed and enabled.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Have you installed gdb?

Yes.

It turns out that the MIME type of the executable generated by gcc is
application/x-sharedlib and not application/x-executable and hence the
message I got.

I added the option -no-pie to the gcc command used by Anjuta and
rebuilt my program, and the debugger now works.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in Anjuta or gcc!

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building |
The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039