Re: [anjuta-list] Developing for Java in Anjuta seems problematic

Hi!

I'm not aware of any work for improving Java support in Anjuta. I'm not
a Java programmer but I imagine it will be really difficult to reach a
level of support comparable to Eclipse.

At some point we (or the current and former developers) decided that
putting our efforts into Java support would be pointless from our
limited resources because Eclipse is free (in all senses) and a really
complete IDE especially for Java. Further none of the anjuta core
developers does much Java stuff AFAIK.

But if there are people interested in better Java support we will help
them as much as we can and nothing is done to prevent Java to exist as a
well supported language in Anjuta. Actually, language support in anjuta
is pretty split into modules for each language and easy to add for any
new language.