[anjuta-list] Developing for Java in Anjuta seems problematic

Hi,

As a software developer who's an active user of Anjuta for developing in C/C++, I've looked at Java development in an IDE other than Eclipse for some time now. However, the options are rather bleak: either I use GNU's Java Compiler (which supports only up to Java 5; meanwhile the latest version is 8, and the code looks like it was last updated in Sept. 2009 or so) or a generic Java project using automake. These seem like two deterrents to someone looking to program in Java in Anjuta, especially when the other languages (C, C++, Vala, Python) have much more flexibility for project creation types.

What I'm asking is somewhat of a feature request, but also a simple inquiry: Is there any work being done on Anjuta currently to improve Java support? I would love to know, since this is such a promising IDE and could really become the de facto development environment for Linux. Perhaps a good idea might be the ability to create a Java project built using Eclipse's Java Compiler (ECJ), which would certainly be preferred to GCJ. (I guess I'm just throwing an idea here. Whatever works is best, just as long as its something that enables easy Java development for the latest version of Java, or for a specific JDK option similar to Eclipse.)

Anjuta already has great support for C/C++, Python, Vala, and _javascript_. Perhaps you could extend your great work into perfecting Java support as well.

-PF