Re: [anjuta-list] Problems with Anjuta [SOLVED - mine at least]

Hi John!

> Well, it seems Slackware 14.0 does not install dconf (I just search over
> the entire manifest). Slackware is now KDE-centric, so there may be an
> equivalent there for the task.
>
> Gsettings was needed for Anjuta, so I installed that. Nowhere appeared a
> dependency on dconf, so I didn't install it (at first).
>
> I can imagine others following this or similar paths.

I assume that you installed anjuta from source which means "you know
what you are doing (c)". Anjuta doesn't depend on dconf - it works just
fine, it just saves your settings to the memory database which will be
lost after stopping anjuta.

It is quite possible to use other GSettings backends than dconf, I don't
even know if the application the query the backend used at all. Other
possible backends are ini-files and Windows registry.

I still assume that installing anjuta from the package database of a
distribution will install dconf - otherwise file a bug against the
distro's bugtracker.