Re: [Anjuta-list] Anjuta internationalization language list

Hi!

> 1) It will be in Anjuta's central repository, can we keep our own
> repository?

Well, git offers you much flexibility in this case so you can for
example setup your own git server and then ask us to pull from your git
server to get the latest version into our tree.

Currently I was thinking about including it in the anjuta-extras git
module (http://git.gnome.org/browse/anjuta-extras) which holds plugins
that depend on some software that isn't included in default GNOME.

> 2) Can we have the commit access to the master?

This depends. I guess there are people at OpenedHand/Intel that have
commit access to GNOME git. Either you take the pull approach explained
above or we will see what we can do. Note that GNOME is usually a bit
strict about giving people commit access so I might take some time.

> 3) Do we have to schedule our work around the 6mon Anjuta release cycle?

Anjuta-extras is not part of the GNOME module set and as such it isn't
affected by any freezes etc. Nonetheless we adjust its releases with the
major anjuta releases to keep things compatible. There is always a
branch for the stable anjuta version, too, where you could work on for
bug-fixing which usually just means cherry-picking from master.

Usually translators are happy if you don't change any strings in the
stable branch but it is not a hard requirement.

> 4) You mentioned there're some integration work, don't know how much effort
> will that be

I don't think it will be much and I can help you. This mostly involves:

* preparing a patch to add the plugins files in plugins/poky (just
copy&paste the files and use git add as appropriate)
* Updating the build system
* Writing a nice announcement ;)

> We like the idea as you mentioned in the email that be included in Anjuta
> may
> Potentially increase its user base.  But since the work is part of a bigger
> project,
> We need to better understand what the commitment it involves.
> Can you further elaborate on that?

Yeah, I would really think that it could increase your user base a lot
as anjuta-extras is included in the major distributions like Ubuntu and
Fedora so people can install it easily and you don't have to care about
packagig. And in addition it will solve the translation problem more or
less completely for you.

(Note: If you want to contribute your own translations for a module in
GNOME git you have to ask the translation team for that language for
review. Please don't commit them yourself.)

There isn't much commitment at all for you. We would encourage you to
follow the bugs filed against the poky plugin in GNOME Bugzilla though.

Like in any free software project, if you happen to stop development of
the plugin for some reasons there will either (hopefully) be someone to
take it over or we will remove it over time.

Thanks and regards,