Re: [Anjuta-list] Confused...

Hi John,

John Coppens a écrit :
I'm still getting "Are you sure you want to debug a program not using the
Debug configuration?". Of course I could just say "Do not show again",
but that defeats the purpose of warnings, doesn't it?

Yes.

So, basically, (I understand) it says: by default (out-of-the-box) it uses
the source directory, and you cannot use the other options, because if
one uses the source directories, the others won't work.

I think I have changed the project wizard, so now out-of-the-box, it should use the Debug configuration. Anyway, the remaining is right, if you configure your project in the source directory, you cannot configure it later in another directory.

Now, running "Remove configuration" produces an error here:
+ Error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there
+ first.

You need to run make distclean in the source directory or select the Default configuration (check that the directory is set to the source directory) and select remove configuration.

Just to be sure, I tried to run "make distclean" in the source dir, but
the error remains.

Which error "source directory already configured" or the debugger warning ?

Could it be that the new directories (the ones to build Debug for
example) have to be at the same level as $prefix/src (say $project/debug)?

For each configuration (except the default one), Anjuta creates a directory in the project directory. So you will have something like

project
   configure.in
   Makefile.am
   + src
      Makefile.am
      main.c
   + Debug
      Makefile
      + src
         Makefile

So project is the source directory and Debug is the build directory. I haven't tried to put the build directory outside the source directory.