Re: [Anjuta-list] Confused...

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:35:39 +0200
Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:

> > So, basically, (I understand) it says: by default (out-of-the-box) it
> > uses the source directory, and you cannot use the other options,
> > because if one uses the source directories, the others won't work.
>
> I think I have changed the project wizard, so now out-of-the-box, it
> should use the Debug configuration. Anyway, the remaining is right, if
> you configure your project in the source directory, you cannot
> configure it later in another directory.

What I meant, is that out-of-the-box, there _is_ a configuration
(Default) that conflicts with the others (according to the text).

> > Now, running "Remove configuration" produces an error here:
> > + Error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean"
> > there
> > + first.
>
> You need to run make distclean in the source directory or select the
> Default configuration (check that the directory is set to the source
> directory) and select remove configuration.
> > Just to be sure, I tried to run "make distclean" in the source dir,
> > but the error remains.
>
> Which error "source directory already configured" or the debugger
> warning ?

Sorry, I had made a debug directory under ...project/src/ because this
was easier to get to some data files, each time I restarted my program. I
now moved the debug dir to ...project/debug, and _that_ problem went away.

> > Could it be that the new directories (the ones to build Debug for
> > example) have to be at the same level as $prefix/src (say
> > $project/debug)?
>
> For each configuration (except the default one), Anjuta creates a
> directory in the project directory. So you will have something like
>
> project
>     configure.in
>     Makefile.am
>     + src
>        Makefile.am
>        main.c
>     + Debug
>        Makefile
>        + src
>           Makefile

May I suggest to add this to the manual, along with a warning? I believe
most of my problems where caused by putting the Debug directory inside
src.

John