[Anjuta-list] anjuta 2.24.1 no linker flags in Target properties

Anjuta 2.24.1 on Ubuntu Intrepid.
anjuta --version  "GNOME anjuta 2.24.1"
Installed with aptitude from the Ubuntu repositories.
i   anjuta
i A anjuta-common

----------------------------

I need to add an additional -l<lib> flag to my linker flags.
However when I select the top target in the left pane Project view, get
Target Properties and click the "Advanced" button to see the "Advanced
options" dialog, all the fields ("C compiler flags", etc) are blank.
Question:
When I compile the existing project, I see linker flags (like
"-lSDL_image") on the command line in the Messages pane.
So the "Advanced options" dialog is not showing me the current
compile/link options of my project.
Question:
If I add another linker flag in the Advanced options dialog, I don't
know whether it will add it (good) or replace what's there (not so
good).

Should I Import the existing project in order to get the project wizard
again?Question:
Should I upgrade? I like to use only Ubuntu packages.

(The help files (Help menu->User Manual) appear to be for a different
application - they mentionbad "Anjuta DevStudio" and and "Operation
menu" which I don't seem to have. )

Thank you

John Mills