Re: [Anjuta-list] How to add MySQL package to a project? / *generic -config scripts*

Am Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:22:54 -0200 schrieb John Coppens:

> Hello people.
>
> I'm trying to convert an old program to Glade-3 and at the same time
> learning how to use Anjuta... Quite a project.
>
> Now I want to add access to the mysqlclient libraries to the program,
> but weren't autodetected by Anjuta, it seems. I have the impression
> Anjuta recognizes only packages which have .pc files (as hinted to in
> the docs), but mysql ships with mysql_config instead.
>
> Only recently, there has been talk about adding .pc files:
>
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=19582
> http://lists.mysql.com/commits/21811
>
> I'm not entirely convinced about upgrading MySQL to get at the .pc
> files (which, I'm not even sure thay been added at all).

Hello John.

or simply edit the configure.ac file to support mysql_config like this:

AC_ARG_WITH(gdal-config,
[  --with-gdal-config=GDAL_CONFIG    use gdal-config specified ],
[
  GDAL_CONFIG=$withval;
  echo "using "$GDAL_CONFIG" for gdal-config";
],[
  PROG="gdal-config";
  AC_PATH_PROG(GDAL_CONFIG, $PROG, "", $PATH)
])

if test "x$GDAL_CONFIG" != "x"; then
  GDAL_CFLAGS=`$GDAL_CONFIG --cflags`
  GDAL_LIBS=`$GDAL_CONFIG --libs`
  AC_SUBST(GDAL_CFLAGS)
  AC_SUBST(GDAL_LIBS)
fi
AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_GDAL, test "x$GDAL_CONFIG" != "x")

And then use the variables in the Makefile.am files. For sure replace
GDAL with MYSQL.

I would like to see Anjuta support for generic -config scripts like
this. The syntax is for most cases the same. Has anyone though about
it?

regards
Andreas