Re: [Anjuta-list] Adding po files to project

On 7/10/07, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando apesteguia gmail com> wrote:
On 7/10/07, Naba Kumar <naba kumar gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 08:04 +0200, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
>
> > > First of all, I don't know which target I have to select (I used the
> > > executable) and then, when I try to generate the distribution, the
> > > translation files are not there.
> > >
> > > Can anybody help me?
> >
> You don't add po files in any target. As I understand from l10n, you
> just drop it in the po directory (which I think you have already done)
> and put the lang code in 'ALL_LINGUAS' variable in configure.ac file.
>
> To do that in Anjuta activate Project->Properties->Variables and add
> that variable. It will create the variable in configure.ac.

I tried that but the next time I opened the project the variable was
not in that window...

Hi Naba,

First of all, thanks for your kind answer. I'll try to do that this
evening, and then I will come back to this list :)

The point is that I was following the instructions specified in
Anjuta's Help and it didn't properly work. And the point is that this
worked perfectly fine (and much more easy to my understanding) in
Anjuta 1.2.x

My frustration comes because I have a project with this 3 sets of items:

 - Source files (.c and .h)
 - Glade file
 - pixmaps
 - translation files

And I would like to start a project in Anjuta in order to make the
management easier.

Just one last question. I don't see a lot of movement around this
list. Is this still alive? or maybe is there any other preferred list?

> But I think newer approach is to do everything in po/ directory and not
> touch configure.ac. This is really intltoolize specific and therefore
> you can find more help in their documentation. Also consider asking for
> more info in gnome-i18n gnome org ML.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> -Naba

Hi all!

Thanks for the help, but I'm here again. Unfortunately, Naba's
instructions didn't work. Maybe I didn't follow them properly, but
believe me guys, I'm quite desperated.

Here is what I do (just as an example to try to understand how Anjuta works)

- Create a new Gnome Project (let's call it myprj)

- I open the myproj.glade file and change the project directory to:
~/Projects/myproj
 cause I don't want to have a src/src structure in the project.
- I put a nice icon into the main window. It is showed in the Files
View, but not in the Project View.

- I drop a .po file into the po/directory

- Building the project is fine.

- Creating the project _seems_ to be fine. The tarball doesn't include
the pixmaps or the po files.

I'm so sorry to say this, but Anjuta's help is quite imprecise. I
followed that instructions and the thing just didn't work.
I would like to know if it is possible that someone tells me how to
add files properly. Should I execute autogenerate? configure? If this
is the case, why Anjuta's help is not telling this?

I remember that in Anjuta 1.2.x you could select the type of the file
you wanted to add (pixmap, translation, etc...) and it worked
perfectly but now there is only "Add source file"

Please, can anybody help me?
PS: I promise to write a portion of the Anjuta's help when I can build
my project properly :)

Thanks in advance