Re: [Anjuta-list] Grave problem with the debugger

Carlo Agrusti ha scritto:

Michele Bendazzoli ha scritto lo scorso 10/03/2006 16:11:
Johannes Schmid ha scritto:

The debugger in 1.2.4 is buggy and has never been tested on 64-bit
platfrom so it might simply not work at all. We work on the debugger for
2.0.2 and hope that it will be much better.

Anyway, try if you can debug the code with the gdb command-line or
with ddd.

Uhm ... I come with Anjuta because of beauty of graphical debugging
environment ...

I fully agree with you (and not only for the graphical debugging -
Anjuta is a real-word beatiful IDE); anyway, I think that some knowledge
of what is behind can be usefull, and gdb is so powerfull...
I just give a try to gdb. It is powerful but I'm not confident with it:
it is much more natural for me to "see" a graphical debugger. Debug with
gdb for me is as try to go across a forest without shoes :-)

In the options tab of the compiler and setting window, i write -O0 -g in
the additional CFLAGS Text box.
Is this what Carlo and you mean?

No; Anjuta has an ancient issue about this and simply will add to your
Makefile the new flags without removing default ones (at least AFAIK). I
use to write down the CFLAGS="-O0 -ggdb" directly into the parameter
message box that Anjuta prompts when asking a Genera->Configura... (in
our locale ;-) ), or issueing by command line:

$ ./configure CFLAGS="-O0 -ggdb"
Thank you a lot! It works ;-)

ciao, Michele