Re: [Anjuta-list] Grave problem with the debugger

Johannes Schmid ha scritto:

Hi!

The debugger in 1.2.4 is buggy and has never been tested on 64-bit
platfrom so it might simply not work at all. We work on the debugger for
2.0.2 and hope that it will be much better.

Anyway, try if you can debug the code with the gdb command-line or with ddd.
Uhm ... I come with Anjuta because of beauty of graphical debugging
environment ...
Maybe I should try the 2.0.2 version of Anjuta? Is usable to made a real
project?

The only things I noticed are:
- - compiler options window in anjuta does not affect the projects but
only single files. You need to run configure as Carlo pointet out to set
the correct options for a project.
In the options tab of the compiler and setting window, i write -O0 -g in
the additional CFLAGS Text box.
Is this what Carlo and you mean?
I try to rebuild all and one of the last line of build page report seems
to report correctly: "gcc -O0 -g ..."
However after this step the result is the same: the debugger simply
doesn't work.

- - You definitly need to set a breakpoint or the program will simply run
to end! "Step" does only work when a breakpoint is (really) reached.
I try all the possibily combinations almost always with the same result.
One time a succed to reach a breakpoint without a disabled debug toolbar
seeing, but at the next step "into method" the debugger died. At this
point I think it is a problem with the Amd64 architecture.

Thank you and Carlo anyway

ciao, Michele