[Anjuta-list] How to debug a gtk thread in Anjuta?

Here I'm again ...
I thougth that my basic problem goes away when I adopt the libglade approach but I was too much rushed. Now I'm able to set the GtkTextView widget, open the file but ... I'm not able to debug my functions! When I set a breakpoint in a "some_signal_handler_func" (on_new_activate by example) that is outside of the main loop infact, the debugger stop when the control of program reach the breakpoint but doesn't let me to debug it (the step into, step over ... menu item are all disabled).

This happen because the handler_function is executed in a separated thread, automaticaly managed by the libglade functions?
And, if so, how the hell can I debug my handler_functions?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

ciao, Michele