Re: [Anjuta-list] How to debug a gtk thread in Anjuta?

Michele Bendazzoli ha scritto lo scorso 10/03/2006 10:02:
> Here I'm again ...
> I thougth that my basic problem goes away when I adopt the libglade
> approach but I was too much rushed.
> Now I'm able to set the GtkTextView widget, open the file but ... I'm
> not able to debug my functions!
> When I set a breakpoint in a "some_signal_handler_func" (on_new_activate
> by example) that is outside of the main loop infact, the debugger stop
> when the control of program reach the breakpoint but doesn't let me to
> debug it (the step into, step over ... menu item are all disabled).
>
> This happen because the handler_function is executed in a separated
> thread, automaticaly managed by the libglade functions?
> And, if so, how the hell can I debug my handler_functions?

Which CFLAGS did you use to compile your application? If you used -O2
(which is Anjuta default) gdb will do silly things while stepping
around, provided that he has at list line code information (those
provided by -g switch). Try configuring your app with CFLAGS="-O0 -g".