Re: [Anjuta-list] UPDATE, solved , slackware, fine with gnome packs from second cd ;)

update:
Onur Kucuk wrote:

TS> >  Here, even without the dropline on a plain slackware 9.1  Anjuta
TS> > 1.2.0 TS> > installs fine with "./configure && make && make install" and
TS> > nothing more, nothing wrong.
TS> TS> is the help system working fine, too? TS> TS> > TS> > I am pretty sure your anjuta download or the system you have
TS> >  installed
TS> > is either broken or missing a package "that is already in the
TS> > slackware 9.1 cd".
TS> TS> define "broken", please, all except anjuta is running rock stable. TS> TS> maybe i messed up, but im pretty sure the scrollkeeper and
TS> xml::parser arent on my 9.1 cds. did a full install, if i remember
TS> right...
TS> after installing these packs it makes and installs now, but the help
TS> TS> system hasnt worked so far. assume scrollkeeper misconf (by me).

 Scrollkeeper is on the second cd in the gnome directory. I did not
check for the xml-parser but I don't have any trouble neither with
installing anjuta nor using the help.

 To make the help system ( you mean devhelp ?), I installed devhelp
manually.

 I agree anjuta should not resemble a crash when there is no devhelp,
but if you have devhelp installed (IIRC preferably with --prefix=/usr)
all works fine.

http://www.imendio.com/projects/devhelp/

hello,

you have been right from the beginning, just installed the libs from the 2nd cd and everythings fine. but WHY dont the slackware maintainers not mention it?
i could have saved days :[[

the linuxquestions.org is full of frustrated gnomers too, thats not been the fine way.

tom