Re: [Anjuta-list] How to install Anjuta 1.2?

welcome Sir,

the source is very hard to build on "kde friendly" systems like suse and slackware(?).

use 1.2.1 or rpmseek.com for a >= 1.2.0 suse rpm

download or install/upgrade from cds all the missing gnome-libs and other from rpm, configure tells you which are missing.

invoke ./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig

looking at my posts, you see, it took me days for configuration-management resolving on slackware.

for me 121 builds, thx to the fast effort of the devgroup here, but doesnt install, for now.
120 doesnt link and generate exe.

again, if you dont want to contribute to anjuta development, youre better of with binary rpms(?)

tom

Daniel Miralles García wrote:
Hi everyone! This is my first attempt to write something here :)

I'm almost a newbie. I've got SuSE 9.0 that comes with Anjuta 1.0. I've downloaded Anjuta 1.2.

I think that the way to install is:

1) Unzip
2) Go to the directory and became SU.
3) ./configure
4) make
5) make install

Am I right?

When I ./configure i've got some strange errors:

<<
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing

...although I know I've got automake 1.7.6  (automake --version).
What's wrong?

Also...

<<
checking for working makeinfo... missing

What's this?

The third and most "blocking" (I think) is when it checks for glib-2.0, gtk+-2.0 and so...
<<
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

How can I tell it to find it? When I type "find | grep libxml-2.0" as a super user the result is "./usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pc", so I think I've got it... ./configure tells "Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable".

I think I'm on the right way (by now). So, where must I "add" this directory to the environment variable? (I've said I'm a beginner :) I think it's more a "linux" problem than a "anjuta" maybe, but I've searched a few here and there and no answer...)

Thanks in advance.

.-:Namarie:-.

p.d. by the way, the "old" anjuta 1.0 doesn't compile (something wrong in me again, I think), I've created a project and then added the files, and compiles ok, but at "building" time the result is that it doesn't find any makefile... :?