[Anjuta-list] How to install Anjuta 1.2?

Hi everyone! This is my first attempt to write something here :)

I'm almost a newbie. I've got SuSE 9.0 that comes with Anjuta 1.0. I've
downloaded Anjuta 1.2.

I think that the way to install is:

1) Unzip
2) Go to the directory and became SU.
3) ./configure
4) make
5) make install

Am I right?

When I ./configure i've got some strange errors:

<<
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing

...although I know I've got automake 1.7.6  (automake --version).
What's wrong?

Also...

<<
checking for working makeinfo... missing

What's this?

The third and most "blocking" (I think) is when it checks for glib-2.0,
gtk+-2.0 and so...

<<
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

How can I tell it to find it? When I type "find | grep libxml-2.0" as a
super user the result is "./usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pc", so I think
I've got it...

./configure tells "Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`libxml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable".

I think I'm on the right way (by now). So, where must I "add" this
directory to the environment variable?

(I've said I'm a beginner :) I think it's more a "linux" problem than a
"anjuta" maybe, but I've searched a few here and there and no answer...)

Thanks in advance.

.-:Namarie:-.

p.d. by the way, the "old" anjuta 1.0 doesn't compile (something wrong in
me again, I think), I've created a project and then added the files, and
compiles ok, but at "building" time the result is that it doesn't find any
makefile... :?