Re: [Anjuta-list] More on CVS Bugs

* Biswapesh Chattopadhyay (biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in) wrote:
> All:
>
> I think we can safely say that the VCS stuff in anjuta1 is a mess. It's
> totally hardcoded to use cvs - not only that, you can do very few things
> with it and even the options are mostly hardcoded. In the short term, it
> should be simple to make most of these preferences, so that the user can
> tune it to her/her requirements. Another option is to totally bypass the
> VCS and configure your own set of tools to do this - it's pretty easy to
> define a set of tools using the Tool Editor (+ judicious use of
> gdialog/zenity) whcih can mimic everything we currently do with CVS and
> tune it exactly to your requirements.

Actually, what I was thinking was more of a plug-in architecture.
Someone would write a CVS plugin, a subversion plug-in, which would
manage their own preferences and have their own menus.

I think that's the real solution but haven't finished thinking about the
design of that yet.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca