[Anjuta-list] More on CVS Bugs

 Folks,

   OK, I'm officially calling this a bug.  I just did another test of
Anjuta's handling of CVS branches.  I had a small project stored on my
CVS server which had a DEV, TEST and main branch.  I checked out a copy
of the DEV branch with: "cvs co -r DEV mymodule" in a terminal window.
Checking the status of the files with "cvs status" revealed that all of
the files therein had "Sticky Tag: DEV (branch: x.y.z)" on them.  One of
my partners did some small edits on one of these files.  He checked in
the changes to CVS using the "Commit file" menu item in Anjuta; then,
using the "Status of file" item in the CVS menu, we saw that the DEV
sticky tag was still set.  At this point, I opened the same file in my
local copy and did "Status of file" there.  The status result showed
that my copy had the DEV tag on it but that it needed a patch.  I then
selected "Update file" in the CVS menu, and SPECIFICALLY SELECTED "DEV"
in the branch selector of the dialog that came up.  The result: my file
updated to the correct content, but doing so cleared the sticky tag so
that it now appears to be in the main branch, not the DEV branch.

   Just for giggles, I decided to do an update of the entire project
from CVS within Anjuta with the "Update Project" menu item.  The result:
every single sticky tag on every file in the project has now been set to
(none).  Folks, that is a *MAJOR* screwup.  Now, if I'm wrong and there
is some configuration option I need to set to prevent this sort of thing
from happening, I'd love to hear it.  But I don't see how I can continue
to use Anjuta for my (or my company's) development if it's going to do
this.  Please tell me I'm missing something!

thanks,
Jim Wiggs