Re: [Anjuta-list] QT libs

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 05:56, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

> We're willing to listen and fix those :-)

Ok. :-)

> > <requests>
> > Configurable shortcuts - can you tell me how to turn this back on?
>
> If you're using stable (1.0.1 or ANJUTA_1_0_0 stable branch), it should
> Just Work (TM). Just hover your mouse over the menu item and press the
> short you want associated with it.

Well, I'm using the CVS version (updated yesterday evening) from the
"Development" link on the home page:

"cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome update
anjuta"

> > Context sensitive shortcuts - A lot of people will want to have the same
> > shortcuts as MSVC and I have to admit in a lot cases, it's much more
> > comfortable. I want to be able to execute and continue/run in debug with
> > the same key, for example. Actually, having shortcut modes, a la
> > SlickEdit would be nice.
> >

> Hmm - tricky, but a good suggestion. I'll keep this in mind. Not likely
> to be implemented soon, though.
>
> > Add breakpoints before debugging commences.
>
> Yes, this is really frustrating to add breakpoints after starting each
> debugging session. I'll try and fix this before releasing 1.0.2. The
> problem is that I'm not very familiar with the debugger code - maybe
> someone can help me with this ?
>

> > Having the shortcuts saved so that they don't get reset when you restart
> > your session!!!!
>
> This doesn't happen for me. Does this happen with all menu items for
> just the ones you create with the Tool Editor ?

This is using 1.0.1 from www.anjuta.org (this is what I'm using at work
currently, as soon as I've got a newer gnome, I'll moved to the next
version).

> > Better CVS integration - Anjuta will not be used in a professional
> > environment (i.e. by people who cannot handle a command line interface -
> > that's not me BTW ;-)). So instead of dumping stuff to a text file, it
> > needs some serious UI work.
>
> Can you come up with some more concrete suggestions ?

If I want to get the history of a file, the CVS output will be put into
a listbox from which you can diff against particular versions or compare
two different versions.

CVS configuration should be set into the project file - i.e. you may
have different repositories.

One thing I've found useful is from Tortoise is when a commit fails
because the code is out of date, it keeps the log message so you don't
have to type it in again when you have done this and come to re-commit
it later.

> > The searching is awful.
>
> Try the new integrated Search/Replace interface in CVS. It is *very*
> powerful, though it needs some GUI/usability love.

Ok.

> > There's a bug when you try to stop a build (It hangs) - I've reported
> > that one.
>
> Does it hang, or does it simply ignore the 'Stop' command and continue
> with the build ?

The build stops, the LED keeps flashing and the menu's don't update to
reflect the change in state, basically it still thinks it's building.

> > I don't like the reordering of the tabs in the Gnome-2 version (it
> > should be an option).
>
> This now has a preference in stable branch. Probably Naba will
> forward-port it to the GNOME2 branch. I'd suggest you use stable CVS
> until Naba declares GNOME2 branch ready for wider testing. It is known
> to have quite a few issues.

Oh, ok.

> > Swapping of header/source files should be on the menu or is should be at
> > least be possible to bind it to a key.
>
> Yes, ideally everything in the context menu should also be in the main
> menu. I'll look into this.
>

> > There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now ;-P
>
> Well, do post your requests to the list, or better still, open bug
> reports/feature requests in the SourceForge page - it's easier to track
> them that way.

I did do a couple there ;-P

Ah, just thought of another. Open a file, copy some text, close it and
then try to paste it into another window. It doesn't work; it only works
if you keep the original window open. Very annoying.

Just one more question, how many people are working on Anjuta?

Thanks,
Luke.