Re: [Anjuta-list] QT libs

> <snip>

> I have just moved back to Gnome (I didn't like the previous versions and
> I've had enough of KDE & v2.2.x is much better) and I think that the
> Scintilla editor is the best I've used, it's just a shame that Anjuta
> has quite a few problems with it (I used Anjuta 1.0.1.at work for the
> first time today):

We're willing to listen and fix those :-)

> <requests>
> Configurable shortcuts - can you tell me how to turn this back on?

If you're using stable (1.0.1 or ANJUTA_1_0_0 stable branch), it should
Just Work (TM). Just hover your mouse over the menu item and press the
short you want associated with it.

> Context sensitive shortcuts - A lot of people will want to have the same
> shortcuts as MSVC and I have to admit in a lot cases, it's much more
> comfortable. I want to be able to execute and continue/run in debug with
> the same key, for example. Actually, having shortcut modes, a la
> SlickEdit would be nice.

Hmm - tricky, but a good suggestion. I'll keep this in mind. Not likely
to be implemented soon, though.

> Add breakpoints before debugging commences.

Yes, this is really frustrating to add breakpoints after starting each
debugging session. I'll try and fix this before releasing 1.0.2. The
problem is that I'm not very familiar with the debugger code - maybe
someone can help me with this ?

> Having the shortcuts saved so that they don't get reset when you restart
> your session!!!!

This doesn't happen for me. Does this happen with all menu items for
just the ones you create with the Tool Editor ?

> Better CVS integration - Anjuta will not be used in a professional
> environment (i.e. by people who cannot handle a command line interface -
> that's not me BTW ;-)). So instead of dumping stuff to a text file, it
> needs some serious UI work.

Can you come up with some more concrete suggestions ?

> The searching is awful.

Try the new integrated Search/Replace interface in CVS. It is *very*
powerful, though it needs some GUI/usability love.

> There's a bug when you try to stop a build (It hangs) - I've reported
> that one.

Does it hang, or does it simply ignore the 'Stop' command and continue
with the build ?

> I don't like the reordering of the tabs in the Gnome-2 version (it
> should be an option).

This now has a preference in stable branch. Probably Naba will
forward-port it to the GNOME2 branch. I'd suggest you use stable CVS
until Naba declares GNOME2 branch ready for wider testing. It is known
to have quite a few issues.

> Swapping of header/source files should be on the menu or is should be at
> least be possible to bind it to a key.

Yes, ideally everything in the context menu should also be in the main
menu. I'll look into this.

> There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now ;-P

Well, do post your requests to the list, or better still, open bug
reports/feature requests in the SourceForge page - it's easier to track
them that way.