Re: [Anjuta-list] Strange character set...

Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 11:02, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
<snip>

[...]

LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8

Hmm - looks like saving files is slightly screwed up for multi-char
locales ? Might be a good idea to check gedit's saving code. BTW, what
happens if you load the saved file in gedit ? Does it work correctly ?
What about the reverse ?

Seems like moderator killed my message - I've tried to send a message with
attached illustrations. The saved output looks in gedit awfully. If I write
a message in source file using gedit - I receive a normal UTF-8 output,
but this source file looks in anjuta awfull. And so on.

gnome-common is required to compile *any* GNOME2 package to the best of
my knowledge, mainly because the GNOME2 macros are required (also,
gnome-autogen.sh). AFAIK, it does come with RH 8.
:-) I've found a message somewhere in internet with Naba Kumar's complaints about
non-availability of gnome-common package in RedHat 8.0 distribution...
	Igor Gorbounov