Re: [Anjuta-list] Strange character set...

Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

I assume you're taking about a standalone C++ app using <ofstream> ? In
that case, it can hardly be anjuta's fault.

I use an ofstream object to write messages in a file and am very
surprised as they appeared in a KOI8-R character set, not the
ru_RU.UTF-8 as locale says. I don't understand wether it is Anjuta's
question, or libc's. I use RedHat 9 and
Anjuta 1.0.2, so whence KOI8-R?
Igor Gorbounov
It's a pity, but it apeared to be the anjuta's fault (if it is proper at all to name it a fault) - it's related to Scintilla. If I write the the phrase to be printed in russian in a different editor (gedit, for example, - a properly ported to gnome2 application), my test program prints the phrase into a file correctly - 8 characters occupate 16 bytes, and Mozilla identifies text as UTF-8 and it looks Russian. In anjuta this phrase
in a source *.cpp file seems to be Georgian or Greek.
I have these lines in user.properties file:
code.page=0
character.set=204
#~ # Required for Unicode to work on GTK+:
LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8

But all my comments and messages for output in source files appeared to be in KOI8-R! It's not awfully bad, but somewhat unexpected. Does anjuta 1.2.0 work in unicode or still in 1-byte character sets? And, again, why compiling anjuta 1.2.0 from cvs requires gnome-common package? It is not included in a standard RedHat distribution (for example),
so how it is supposed to be used in this standard distr. in future?
   Igor Gorbounov