[Anjuta-list] [Fwd: Anjuta 1.0.2 for cygwin]

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Steven O'Brien <steven obrien2 ntlworld com>
To: hzhr users sourceforge net, glyoung users sourceforge net, jesterrob users sourceforge net, senseh users sourceforge net
Cc: biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in, kh_naba gmx net
Subject: Anjuta 1.0.2 for cygwin
Date: 09 Apr 2003 16:30:59 +0100

Hi
I have put my cygwin-xfree86 patch for anjuta 1.0.2 on my website at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/apps.html

The gdb problem that prevents running the debugger more than once per
session still exists in the current cygwin gdb release. But the latest
CVS gdb does not have this problem. I'm not sure what has changed to fix
it, but hopefully the next cygwin gdb release will work correctly with
anjuta.

As far as I am aware, everything else is fully functional, and
performance is perfectly acceptable and useable in XWin single-window
mode. XWin in multi-window mode is very slow at present (for everyhing,
not just gnome apps), so I generally use Exceed when I want to run just
anjuta rather than a full gnome session. Anjuta is a truly wonderful
tool, it is now my main IDE on both linux and cygwin.

I have also included a patch to build devhelp on cygwin, which I find
very useful with anjuta. Occasionally CPU usage will go to 100% when
starting devhelp from anjuta on cygwin, but closing devhelp cures this.
Otherwise it works well, if a little slow to load pages.

Regards,
Steven

--
Biswa.