Re: [Anjuta-list] Strange character set...

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 11:02, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
> <snip>

> It's a pity, but it apeared to be the anjuta's fault (if it is proper at
> all to name it a fault) -
> it's related to Scintilla. If I write the the phrase to be printed in
> russian in a different
> editor (gedit, for example, - a properly ported to gnome2 application),
> my test
> program prints the phrase into a file correctly - 8 characters occupate
> 16 bytes,
> and Mozilla identifies text as UTF-8 and it looks Russian. In anjuta
> this phrase
> in a source *.cpp file seems to be Georgian or Greek.
> I have these lines in user.properties file:
> code.page=0
> character.set=204
> #~ # Required for Unicode to work on GTK+:
> LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8

Hmm - looks like saving files is slightly screwed up for multi-char
locales ? Might be a good idea to check gedit's saving code. BTW, what
happens if you load the saved file in gedit ? Does it work correctly ?
What about the reverse ?

> But all my comments and messages for output in source files appeared to
> be in KOI8-R!
> It's not awfully bad, but somewhat unexpected. Does anjuta 1.2.0 work in
> unicode or
> still in 1-byte character sets? And, again, why compiling anjuta 1.2.0
> from cvs requires
> gnome-common package? It is not included in a standard RedHat
> distribution (for example),
> so how it is supposed to be used in this standard distr. in future?

gnome-common is required to compile *any* GNOME2 package to the best of
my knowledge, mainly because the GNOME2 macros are required (also,
gnome-autogen.sh). AFAIK, it does come with RH 8.

--
Biswa.