Re: [Anjuta-list] Remote Users

Naba Kumar (kh_naba gmx net) wrote*:

>On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 03:41, Demetrios Stavrinos-all wrote:
>> Naba Kumar (kh_naba gmx net) wrote*:

>> >dude, use cvs. :)
>> >
>> >Well, actually there is no way to access remote file systems directly
>> >with anjuta. But you can configure your systems (remote and local) to
>> >have mounted remote file system, for example (NFS or SAMBA). Then the
>> >remote files will appear just like local files in your local system and
>> >you can use anjuta there.
>> >

>> >It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters what you say you've
>> >done and what you're going to do.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This is, btw, just a random signature (auto-generated) and is not part
>of the message.
>

>> Ok but that assumes that I run Linux on the remote machine unless there's a Win
>> version of Anjuta; am I right?
>
>No. NFS or SMB (implemented with Samba in *nix OSs) do not require the
>remote or local machine to be linux or window. As far as I know, almost
>all (major) OSs available now support these file systems.
>
>The only requirement is that the plateform on which you are running
>anjuta be linux (with gnome-libs). That means if you are running anjuta
>from the local machine, then you need to have linux in your local
>machine and access the remote file system which could be in any
>platform.
>
>The access of remote file systems is entirely an OS level concept and
>therefore anjuta or, for that matter, any application do not handle them
>directly. Please refer to the SAMBA or NFS documentations (in case of
>*nix systems) and SMB or NFS (microsoft) documentations in case of
>windows systems for details.

I'm very familiar with samba; I'm refering to the case where say we use Anjuta at
work and I'm vacationing in Hawaii and there's a problem/enhancement I want to add
and the only machine available is the PC running M$ Win at the hotel internet
caffee. What do you suggest then?
That's when I thing a web enabled access is important or something like a browser
plugin that I can use to look/run Anjuta on the office Linux machine... Just a
thought!