[Anjuta-list] Re: Anjuta-list digest, Vol 1 #233 - 3 msgs

Stavrinos wrote:

> [...]
install in Mandrake 8.2 ! That was
far..great job.

the machine where the project

> > >dude, use cvs. :)
> > >
> > >Well, actually there is no way to access
remote file systems directly
> > >with anjuta. But you can configure your
systems (remote and local) to
> > >have mounted remote file system, for example
(NFS or SAMBA). Then the
> > >remote files will appear just like local
files in your local system and
> > >you can use anjuta there.
> > >

> > >It doesn't matter what you do, it only
matters what you say you've
> > >done and what you're going to do.
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  This is, btw, just a random signature
(auto-generated) and is not part
> of the message.
>

> > Ok but that assumes that I run Linux on the
remote machine unless there's a Win
> > version of Anjuta; am I right?
>
> No. NFS or SMB (implemented with Samba in *nix
OSs) do not require the
> remote or local machine to be linux or window.
As far as I know, almost
> all (major) OSs available now support these file
systems.

> The only requirement is that the plateform on
which you are running
> anjuta be linux (with gnome-libs). That means if
you are running anjuta
> from the local machine, then you need to have
linux in your local
> machine and access the remote file system which
could be in any
> platform.
>
> The access of remote file systems is entirely an
OS level concept and
> therefore anjuta or, for that matter, any
application do not handle them
> directly. Please refer to the SAMBA or NFS
documentations (in case of
> *nix systems) and SMB or NFS (microsoft)
documentations in case of
> windows systems for details.

Did you compiled SMB, (NTFS and FAT -- these are
needed for local drive access) filesystems support
into your kernel? You should do so to be able to
access win shares on the WIN SMB box. If you did
not compile it into the kernel - it has no idea
how to deal with them. Basically these are drivers
(a.k.a. high level abstraction
interpreters/interfaces), so when you mount win
shares, it appears as the local file system.
Depending on the rights given to you on the
service machine (by Administrator in win
NT/2000/XP box) you get list/read/write access.
So, these are only configuration issues. Check win
box's shares, give yourself full access, mount
them as:
mount -t smbfs -o
username=yourwinlogin,password=yourwinpass
//winboxname/C$(share name) /mnt/samba/C (mount
point)

you should mount each share separately (unless I
miss something how to do it on a single lene;
better write a short script to mount them)

and: viola it appears as the local fs. Do watever
you want with it...

ZeeReX

> --
> Regards,
> -naba
>
> It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters
what you say you've
> done and what you're going to do.
>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 19:40:25 +0100
> From: Andy Piper <andy piper freeuk com>
> To: anjuta-list lists sourceforge net
> Cc: cubicool bellsouth net
> Subject: [Anjuta-list] Fwd: I'm an Anjuta user
>
> please cc the original sender on replies
>
> On 2002.05.08 17:26 Jeremy Moles wrote:
> > I was wondering:
> >
> > As an Anjuta user, a feature I've always
wanted was to be able
> > prevent the line that is drawn once a margin
of cold is folded.
> > Was is the probability that this will be added
in later
> > versions?
> >
> > And if not - what would I need to do to add it
in myself? I
> > noticed the file aneditor.cxx, and also
noticed some code