Re: [Anjuta-list] Remote Users

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 03:41, Demetrios Stavrinos-all wrote:
> Naba Kumar (kh_naba gmx net) wrote*:
> >
> >On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 05:38, Demetrios Stavrinos wrote:
> >>

> >> I got the CVS 02/05/06 to compile and install in Mandrake 8.2 ! That was
> >> quite the exercise! Looks good so far..great job.
> >>
> >> How do I get to use Anjuta remotely from the machine where the project
> >> files are?
> >
> >dude, use cvs. :)
> >
> >Well, actually there is no way to access remote file systems directly
> >with anjuta. But you can configure your systems (remote and local) to
> >have mounted remote file system, for example (NFS or SAMBA). Then the
> >remote files will appear just like local files in your local system and
> >you can use anjuta there.
> >

> >It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters what you say you've
> >done and what you're going to do.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 This is, btw, just a random signature (auto-generated) and is not part
of the message.

> Ok but that assumes that I run Linux on the remote machine unless there's a Win
> version of Anjuta; am I right?

No. NFS or SMB (implemented with Samba in *nix OSs) do not require the
remote or local machine to be linux or window. As far as I know, almost
all (major) OSs available now support these file systems.

The only requirement is that the plateform on which you are running
anjuta be linux (with gnome-libs). That means if you are running anjuta
from the local machine, then you need to have linux in your local
machine and access the remote file system which could be in any
platform.

The access of remote file systems is entirely an OS level concept and
therefore anjuta or, for that matter, any application do not handle them
directly. Please refer to the SAMBA or NFS documentations (in case of
*nix systems) and SMB or NFS (microsoft) documentations in case of
windows systems for details.

-naba