[Anjuta-list] Re: [Anjuta-devel] I Wanna Help

Quoting arief_mulya <arief bna telkomsel co id>:

> Dear all,
Hi arief,

> I'm new to the list.
> So first of all, I should say, great job guys. I really
> appreciate all you've done on this.
Thank you.

> I know a little C, and a little more of C++, would that be
> enough to help? Also I notice there's no translation support
> for Indonesian Language, yet? is it? Well, I'm from
> Indonesia and do have quite a well at english. Can I help do
> translation to Indonesian?
A new translation is always a good news :) Off course you can help with this.
You need to take the generated anjuta.pot file in the po/ dir from the CVS
version, because a lot of translation strings have changed since 0.1.9.

If you've got a low bandwith and don't want to download the whole CVS tarball, I
can send it to you tonight ?

> Oh ya, I don't know much about CVS, po file, or others, this
> is my first try out, so please tell me where to begin. For
> info I've already download the 0.1.9 version and get it to
> install on Mandrake 8.0 and Mandrake 8.2. But I don't get
> the CVS tarball, I've notice there's been so much new things
> around after 0.1.9?
If you've got cvs access, you should feel more comfortable directly the Gnome
anonymous cvs to submit patches than regularly downloading a cvs tarball.

There's coding hints in the HACKING file (in the project top-level directory), a
TODO file also, feature requests and bugs are located in sourceforge trackers
though (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/anjuta).

For CVS, you've got some nice & easy documentation on http://developer.gnome.org.

For the translations, you're not forced to mind about it, just take the
anjuta.pot file, and you'll only have to "fill in the blanks".

> Also I interested on some bug report that has not been
> solved, one of them was Recent Files bug. Can I try it? I
Yes, check it's still in the CVS version before, but I don't think someone is
working on this one yet.

> know it's not so big a bug :-) but at least it will help me
> learn. Can you tell me where to find the source for Recent
> Files, please?
The file menu items are statically constructed with the main_menubar_def.h
declarations, and the submenus are filled in main_menubar.c and anjuta.c.

You can ask me to be more precise if you don't have the time to go trough the
whole files, or to explain the basic gtk+/gnome features if you don't know yet.

> Thanks for everything. I hope I don't bother anyone.
Off course not, your help is always very welcome :)

Cheers,

--Stef