Re: [Anjuta-list] I Wanna Help

> Dear all,

Hi

> I'm new to the list.
> So first of all, I should say, great job guys. I really
> appreciate all you've done on this.

Thanks !

> Now, I wanna help out.

Great !

> I know a little C, and a little more of C++, would that be
> enough to help? Also I notice there's no translation support
> for Indonesian Language, yet? is it? Well, I'm from
> Indonesia and do have quite a well at english. Can I help do
> translation to Indonesian?

Sure - in fact, this is a pretty good place to get started. You'll need
to get in touch with the GNOME translation team though - I'm not sure
about the details.

> Oh ya, I don't know much about CVS, po file, or others, this
> is my first try out, so please tell me where to begin. For
> info I've already download the 0.1.9 version and get it to
> install on Mandrake 8.0 and Mandrake 8.2. But I don't get
> the CVS tarball, I've notice there's been so much new things
> around after 0.1.9?

You don't need to know too much about these things for coding. However,
for translation, you need to understand a bit about PO files, which
basically contain translated strings in your favourite language.

I'd suggest you start by downloading and building the latest snapshot
tarball from http://anjuta.sf.net/cvs/ , since so much has changed since
0.1.9. The next step might be to just familiarize with the program flow
and code structure. Next, you need to read the HACKING file present in
the tarball.

> Also I interested on some bug report that has not been
> solved, one of them was Recent Files bug. Can I try it? I
> know it's not so big a bug :-) but at least it will help me
> learn. Can you tell me where to find the source for Recent
> Files, please?

I'm not exactly sure what this bug is, but feel free to take any bug
from SF bug/RFE list and try and fix it. Send patches in 'diff -u'
format to the devel list, preferably with CC to Naba/Andy. However, make
sure that the bug exists in the latest CVS first. Sometimes, bugs are
fixed but the SF bug is not closed immediately.

> Thanks for everything. I hope I don't bother anyone.

Not at all !

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Biswa.