[Anjuta-list] Re: CRLF in the CVS (was Re: [Anjuta-devel] Re: [Anjuta-list] what about the anjuta development?)

The proper way of cleaning up files that have been checked in with bad CRLF to a CVS server is to cvs remove them, commit, and cvs add the clean versions.

Things have to be done that way because CVS stores text files incrementally, as a succession of patches, and reconstructs when you ask for the file with a specific version. If someone checks in a file with the CRLF format, only the part that is modified gets the CRLF formatting for instance. When you just cleanup the file and check it in, cvs does a diff without considering CRLF .. so it doesn't make any change to the repository file.

Doing the remove commit add commit is a bit tedious, but works absolutely fine..

TTimo

At 21:16 15/07/2002 +0530, Naba Kumar wrote:
On स�म , 2002-07-15 at 20:16, Timothee Besset wrote:
> Ok naba .. I told you several times that those CRLF files in CVS were bad
> karma .. that's one more proof :-)

I didn't say, I disagree with you. :)

The problem with correcting this in the cvs is that cvs seems to ignore
the difference between LF and CRLF. So, even if we change all the files
to have LFs only (say, with your script), we would not be able to commit
them (cvs would just ignore them). So, basically, it just ends ups in
our local copies.

Any know a work around for this, without creating a mess of cvs
histories with add/removes?

Meantime, I have fixed the #define problem (by adding extra spaces and
forcing cvs to get commited). Can anyone please verify it?

-Naba

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn
old falsehoods.
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"