Re: [Anjuta-list] Cannot compile at all

At 09:15 17/02/2002 -0700, Stuart Jansen wrote:
On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 08:39, Andy Piper wrote:

> On 2002.02.17 14:19 Christian Gross wrote:
> > I used Anjuta 0.18 and 0.17.  No problem whatsoever compiling
> > those versions.  Then I downloaded version 0.19 and nothing
> > compiles.  I tried fixing the dependencies and still nothing
> > compiled.  I downloaded gnome-vfs and could not get it to
> > compile because it kept giving errors.  Even when I fixed
> > things according to the instructions giving in the
> > configuration script.
>
> One thing I would say is that your system is "unusual" in that
> none of the core developers use PowerPC, so it is fair to say
> that we have not tried to build there lately. However, I'm not
> certain which of the changes between 0.1.8 and 0.1.9 could have
> caused this.

I'm also a YDL 2.1 user. (W/ Ximian Gnome and some of my own
modifications added.) I grabbed the anjuta 0.19 src.rpm and had no
problem compiling. I'd also be interested in seeing the errors you had.
I don't know anything about Anjuta, but I'm pretty good at compiling for
YDL.

So I downloaded and installed Ximian using the Ximian installer. I also clicked the development button. Result? I cannot build Anjuta either from 0.19 and not from the nightly CVS tar ball (2 nights ago).

My error is that AM_PROG_XML_I not found when I run ./autogen.sh from the nightly CVS tarball.

If I do a configure from the 0.19 version I have no problems building the configuration file, but then I get the following compile error

Libtool: ltconfig version ' does not match ltmain.sh version 1.3.5

Christian Gross