Re: [Anjuta-list] Cannot compile at all

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 17:19, Christian Gross wrote:
> Folks... No IDEA... I just use GNOME and KDE to keep me going. I have no
> idea what packages are installed and not. I use LINUX to build Apache and
> all of the pieces around.
>
> I am guessing that Yellow Dog most likely is not keeping up the GNOME stuff
> since they default to KDE. Ok so what do I do????

My suggestion is to install Ximian Gnome.

1) If you're behind a proxy:
'export http_proxy=http://<machine name>:<port number>'
'export HTTP_PROXY=$http_proxy'

2) Type 'lynx' on the command line to make sure it's installed. (I think
it is by default.) If you don't have it, you can find a YDL rpm at
rpmfind.net, just search for lynx.

3) 'lynx --source http://gognome.com | sh'

4) After it finishes installing, use 'red-carpet' to make sure you have
the latest available packages.

For details, see http://ximian.com

--
Stuart Jansen                   /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
passageira {remove}bigfoot com  \ /    No HTML/RTF in email