Re: [Anjuta-list] Large Project support

Timo K Suoranta wrote:

> >   What is the difference between:
> >   1) right click on a line -> popup -> set breakpoint.
> >   2) left click on a line -> goto toobar -> set breakpoint.
>
> The difference is that 1) doesn't care where you click. Breakpoint is set
> where cursor caret is, not the mouse position. 2) places caret to the
> correct line, and the breakpoint goes where I want it.
>
> I managed to build Anjuta from CVS now with latest automake, gettext, and
> autoconf 2.13. I also managed to make my project compatible enough for
> Anjuta, and it now builds too, using all build files provided by Anjuta.
>
> I do have a debugging problem though. If I set a breakpoint or there is
> access violation in my code, I don't know how to do gdb continue. If I
> select Run/Continue (F4), it restarts the program. Same seems to happen
> with all debug stepping functions. This is me using Anjuta from CVS
> checked out couple of hours ago.

I told you it is almost a year that I haven't touched the debugger. I have
been working around the editor and the project manager. But I think the
time has come for the debugger to re-write (uh!).

> This not good, because I can not debug my program at all. There is access
> violation when I create OpenGL context, because the mga drivers tries to
> load, but it can not find a library (Because I have not included the
> library in LD_LIBRARY_PATH on purpose; the matrox hardware accelerated
> driver is so buggy that only reboot will let me continue when it hangs,
> and it does that a lot). In gdb I can simply continue, and the program
> runs fine.

You know, often people blame the front-end applications when the culprit
is actually the back-end applications, but the user never sees that. That
is ok -- a natural human psychology.:-). From my experience, gdb is not
perfect. To add more fuel to the fire, Anjuta front end for the debugger
is even worse.:-). As I told you, I will re-write the debugger. The new
debugger module should allow any sort of debugger to work with anjuta
(not only gdb).

> I noticed that Anjuta gets badly locked during loading project if I have
> something like this in the project src directory:
>
>         ln -s .Maths

Oh, I haven't taken care of links. I think I can fix that. File a bug report
for this.

> That was one of the ways I tried to work around my tree structure, which
> uses things like #include "Maths\Vector4.h".. Fortunately I was able to do
> ln -s src Maths in project directory instead, and it worked.
>
> Is there any developer documentation on Anjuta? Like, what are the most
> important external modules (gcc, gdb etc.), data structures and methods. I
> might actually get interested in improving Anjuta, since it really looks
> promising. Really :) Hmm., I guess I should join the developer
> mailinglist..

You can manage multiple modules without that head-craking links. As an example
you can refer to anjuta application itself. Anjuta is a big multi-module app
and still anjuta can work on it. Of course, only one of the module is actually
managed by anjuta. The rest is managed manually.:(

For the development, I don't remember I have written any hacking documentation
:-). You will have to struggle yourself through the code. Uh. sorry about this,
but I just don't have time to do lots of things. I made the code as clean as
possible, so you should have much trouble understanding it.

-Naba