Re: [Anjuta-list] Large Project support

>   What is the difference between:
>   1) right click on a line -> popup -> set breakpoint.
>   2) left click on a line -> goto toobar -> set breakpoint.

The difference is that 1) doesn't care where you click. Breakpoint is set
where cursor caret is, not the mouse position. 2) places caret to the
correct line, and the breakpoint goes where I want it.

I managed to build Anjuta from CVS now with latest automake, gettext, and
autoconf 2.13. I also managed to make my project compatible enough for
Anjuta, and it now builds too, using all build files provided by Anjuta.

I do have a debugging problem though. If I set a breakpoint or there is
access violation in my code, I don't know how to do gdb continue. If I
select Run/Continue (F4), it restarts the program. Same seems to happen
with all debug stepping functions. This is me using Anjuta from CVS
checked out couple of hours ago.

This not good, because I can not debug my program at all. There is access
violation when I create OpenGL context, because the mga drivers tries to
load, but it can not find a library (Because I have not included the
library in LD_LIBRARY_PATH on purpose; the matrox hardware accelerated
driver is so buggy that only reboot will let me continue when it hangs,
and it does that a lot). In gdb I can simply continue, and the program
runs fine.

I noticed that Anjuta gets badly locked during loading project if I have
something like this in the project src directory:

	ln -s .Maths

That was one of the ways I tried to work around my tree structure, which
uses things like #include "Maths\Vector4.h".. Fortunately I was able to do
ln -s src Maths in project directory instead, and it worked.

Is there any developer documentation on Anjuta? Like, what are the most
important external modules (gcc, gdb etc.), data structures and methods. I
might actually get interested in improving Anjuta, since it really looks
promising. Really :) Hmm., I guess I should join the developer
mailinglist..

-- Timo Suoranta -- tksuoran cc helsinki fi --